Boron nitride is a crystal made up of nitrogen atoms and also boron atoms. The crystal structure is divided right into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), very closely packed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) as well as cubic boron nitride.
The crystal structure of hexagonal boron nitride has a comparable graphite split framework, revealing a loosened, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light and various other residential properties of white powder, so it is also called "white graphite". Theoretical density 2.27 g/cm3, details gravity: 2.43, Mohr hardness = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has good electric insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical security, no apparent melting point, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, warmth resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral reduction ambience, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen as well as argon, inadequate stability in oxygen ambience, and also temperature below 1000 ℃. The development coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride amounts that of quartz, but its thermal conductivity is ten times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not dissolve cold water. When the water is boiled, it hydrolyses very gradually and generates a small amount of boric acid and ammonia, which does not react with weak acid and solid base at area temperature. It is a little soluble in warm acid and can just be decomposed with liquified salt hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Properties
1. High heat resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its toughness at 1800 ℃ is two times that at space temperature level, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to area temperature level for loads of times, and also does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed items coincide as pure iron, as well as 33W/M. K has the highest possible thermal conductivity amongst ceramic products over 530C.
3, reduced thermal expansion coefficient: the development coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is second only to quartz glass, which is the tiniest in ceramics, coupled with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is excellent.
4. Excellent electrical homes: excellent insulation at high temperature, 1014 Ω& Omega;- cm,2000 at 25 ℃ and 103 Ω& Omega;- centimeters at 25 ℃. It is the best high temperature protecting material in ceramics, with break down voltage 3KV/MV, reduced dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric continuous 4, clear to microwave and also infrared.
5. Good deterioration resistance: it does not react with general steels (iron, copper, aluminum, lead, and so on), rare planet metals, rare-earth elements, semiconductor materials (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, liquified salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), not natural acid and antacid.
6. Reduced friction coefficient: U is 0.16, does not raise at high temperature, is more resistant to high temperature than molybdenum disulfide and also graphite, oxidation atmosphere can be consumed to 900C, vacuum cleaner can be utilized at 2000 ℃.
7. High purity good B is high: its impurity content is much less than 10PPM, yet B material is more than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its hardness is Morse 2, so it can be refined right into get rid of high accuracy by general machining methods.
What is hexagonal boron nitride used in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be made use of in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite porcelains, progressed refractories as well as superhard products, splitting up rings of straight continuous rolling steel, heat immune lubricants and heat layers, as well as raw materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold and mildew release agent for metal creating and also a lube for metal wire drawing.
2. Unique electrolysis and resistance materials of boron nitride at heat.
3. Boron nitride is suitable for heat strong lubes, extrusion antiwear ingredients, ceramic composite ingredients, refractories and antioxidant ingredients, particularly for liquified steel Faustian occasions, warm enhancement ingredients as well as high temperature resistant insulation products.
4. Boron nitride is suitable for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor as well as additive of polymer such as plastic resin.
5. Boron nitride items pushed right into numerous forms can be made use of as heat, high stress, insulation and warmth dissipation elements.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal securing product in aerospace.
7. With the involvement of driver, cubic boron nitride can be changed into cubic boron nitride as difficult as ruby by heat and high pressure treatment.
8. Boron nitride is the architectural product of atomic activator.
9. Boron nitride appropriates for the nozzles of aircraft as well as rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high frequency electricity and plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging material to prevent neutron radiation.
12. The superhard material made from boron nitride can be made into high-speed cutting tools and drills for geological expedition and also oil boring.
13. Boron nitride is utilized in metallurgy for separation ring of constant casting steel, flow groove of amorphous iron, demoulding representative of continuous casting light weight aluminum (different optical glass stripping representatives).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all kinds of capacitor movie plating, picture tube plating, present plating.
15. Boron nitride appropriates for all type of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and so forth.
16. Boron nitride is a range of laser anti-counterfeiting light weight aluminum plating, hallmark gilding materials, all type of cigarette labels, beer labels, packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride appropriates for cosmetics. Can be made use of for lipstick fillers, safe and also lubricating, but also shiny.
Boron Nitride Cost
The cost is affected by many aspects consisting of the supply and also demand in the marketplace, industry fads, economic task, market sentiment, as well as unexpected occasions.
If you are seeking the current Boron Nitride powder cost, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (email@example.com)
Boron Nitride Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. is a relied on BN maker as well as BN provider with over 12-year-experience. We ship our goods around the globe.
If you are seeking premium Boron Nitride powder, please feel free to contact us and send a questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)